Purpose: To identify how your clinical experiences over the course of the semester have integrated the ten Core Competencies of nursing practice, and to demonstrate the ability to creatively integrate the Nursing Process into the care you provide.
Content: To be completed with your clinical group
A. Portfolio Paper, APA format (80 points total) –
Instructions: During your clinical experience, explore the 10 Nurse of the Future Core Competencies (located at the end of this document.).
1. (60 points) As a group, select 3 examples for each competency that demonstrate how you integrated them into your clinical experience and the care you provided to your clients. The example should be brief, but elaborate enough to demonstrate an understanding of the competency and your example is relevant.
(MYNE IS FALL RISK AND MEDICATIONS ERROR ONLY)
MY EXAMPLES FOR MEDICATION ERROR
I observed nursing doing the 5 medications checks 1-comparing order to the MAR, 2@ med ROOM and @ the bedside.
FALL PREVENTION EXAMPLE;
· I OBSERVED LOCKING THE BED IN A LOW POSITION
· ALARM THE BED
· GIVE THE PATIENT YELLOW SOCKS, CALL LIGHT, AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS WHING PATINENT REACH
· FALL RISK SIGN AT THE DOOR, OVER THE PATIENT BED
· AND YELLOW WRIST BAND WITH FALL RISK
2. (20 points) For each competency, find a peer-reviewed Nursing Research Article from the last 5 years which addresses the competency. Include the following:
a. A brief description of the research
b. How it relates to the NOF Competency you are connecting it to
c. How it contributes to the profession of nursing.
B. Virtual presentation, no more than 10 minutes in length, showcasing unique Nursing Care Plans (20 points total) – Upload to Moodle
Instructions: Create a virtual presentation (Powerpoint with voice, Presi with voice, Video, etc) that includes the following:
1. Choose an example and develop a Nursing Care Plan (5 points each) for each of the following core competencies (total of 3 care plans):
• Patient-Centered Care
2. Each plan must include the following:
a. Diagnosis – One diagnosis for the chosen example, correctly written
b. Outcomes – Realistic and measureable with an appropriate time frame
c. Nursing Interventions – with rationales (from the literature, in APA format). These interventions should include assessments and direct care measures, as well as collaboration with members of a multidisciplinary care team when appropriate.
e. Evaluation – Evaluate whether or not the expected client outcomes/goals were met and explain any that were not met. Describe any changes in interventions that could be implemented as a result of the evaluation.
Grading: See the attached Rubric. All references must be properly cited, both in-text and on a reference page, following APA guidelines. Part of this project is teamwork and collaboration within your group – all members will receive the same grade, so be sure everyone is participating and you are working together to ensure the workload is distributed fairly.
Link to Nurse of the Future PDF: Nurse of the Future Core Competencies
Web address: http://www.mass.edu/nahi/documents/NOFRNCompetencies_updated_March2016.pdf
The post : To identify how your clinical experiences over the course of the semester have integrated the ten Core Competencies of nursing practice, and to demonstrate the ability to creatively integrate the Nursing Process into the care you provide. appeared first on mynursinghomeworks.