Portfolio Items (Individual Assessments)
Portfolio 1 – PF1 (10 marks)
This assessment will be discussed in Week 3 and be submitted by Friday 11:55pm Week
1. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Write a short paragraph to
argue your position. Use one real-life example to support your argument.
“ICT students should focus on improving their technical skills during their study rather than
soft skills, for example, interpersonal communication skills. ICT professionals are tasked to
write programs, configure networking equipment, development information systems and/or
solve technical problems. They are not required to communicate with other people as much as
(Word limit: 200 words).
2. The following is an extract of an attempt to the Report assignment. Read the following
paragraph and complete the tasks below.
“Machine learning is an active and exiting field; its applications can be found in various
industries. 83% of the businesses in Australia have claimed that they have implemented
machine learning applications. This Report will explore the various types of machine learning,
its applications in education, e-commerce, transport industry. This Report will also explore the
ethical, legal and social issues of the application of machine learning to offer personalised
recommendations on online retail stores (Sun, 2013).”
Sun, S. (2013). A review of deterministic approximate inference techniques for Bayesian
machine learning. Neural Computing and Applications, 23(7-8), 2039-2050.
a. Find the reference above in the CQU library and read it using a reading strategy or
strategies appropriate to complete task b below.
b. Can the information in the paragraph be found in the reference above? Do you think
the reference can be used to support the paragraph above? Why or why not? Download
and read the CQU Student Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure (formerly known
as the Academic Misconduct Procedure) (the ‘Policy’). Do you think the use of the
reference in the paragraph above constitutes academic misconduct? If so, identify
which form of academic misconduct is this in the lists provided in Section 3.19, 3.25,
3.26, and 3.27 of the Policy. (Word limit: 150 words).
c. In completing the task above, what reading strategy or strategies have you used? Write
a brief reflection on the previous task in relation to any effective reading strategies you
applied. (Word limit: 150 words).
1. Submit the MS-Word file to Moodle.
2. You should use the Unit and ALC materials from Weeks 1, 2 and 3 as relevant to get the
skills needed for this assessment.
3. The entire Word file must be able to be processed in Turnitin – that is, it must contain text
and NOT images. Any words presented as an image will receive 0 marks.
4. Total word count should be around 500 words +/-10%. Any coversheet you provide is not
included in the word count. You must provide separate headings for each task for clarity.
5. Check spelling/grammar/structure of your submission.
6. You do not need to provide any references.
Marking Criteria (Total 10 marks)
1. Clearly stated a position in Task 1. (1 mark)
2. Provided sound arguments with an example in Task 1. (1 mark)
3. Clearly stated whether the information can be found in the reference and whether the
reference can be used to support the paragraph and provided justification. (2 marks)
4. Clearly stated whether the use of the reference constitutes academic misconduct and
identified the form of academic misconduct. (1 mark)
5. Reflective writing on the reading strategy used in completing Task 2 b (3 marks)
6. Length – the total word count for PF1 approximately 500 words +/-10% and correct
spelling/grammar/structure/ease of reading and layout. (2 marks)
The post Portfolio Items (Individual Assessments) Portfolio 1 – PF1 (10 marks) This assignment appeared first on mynursinghomeworks.