Assignment 1 – Practical Programming Project
Due date: Refer to Assignment Submission Box on VU Collaborate
Weighting: 20% of total assessment
Coverage: This assessment item is based on course content in weeks 1- 4
This assessment is designed to assess your understanding of variables, constants, types, operators, input/output, loops, if statements, classes, objects and functions.
Create a C# application that calculate and displays membership fees for N customers who registered for membership from a sport center based in Victoria, Australia. Declared a constant variable M to be equal to the largest digit of your student id number (e.g. if your student id is s3025423 then M should be equal to 5). Assume M=4, if the largest digit of your student id number is less than 4. The standard charges of membership are shown below
Length of Membership Rate (including tax)
1-6 months $30.0 per month
6-12 months $27.5 per month
More than 12 months $25.0 per month
• The application should ask the user to enter the customer name, the number of months for membership, and yes or no to indicate whether the customer receives a special offer or not. The special offer will give customers a 15% discount of the memship no matter how many months they register.
• Assume that the number of month to be entered is an integer type with the range between 1 and 60. An error message should be issued if a user enters a value beyond this range and the re-entering is required.
• The program makes a calculation of membership and displays the result as shown in the below figure. The program should be kept running with entering next set of input data.
• After all M sets of input data are entered from the keyboard, your program will also display the information that includes the customer spending most, the customer spending least as well as a simple bar chart to display how many members with the number of months are less than 6 months and greater than/equal 6 months as shown in the below figure.
• The application should be user-friendly by displaying appropriate welcome, exit and error message. Your program should be run as normal without changing any source code except setting M with a different value.
You are required to submit two files:
1. Your application project packed as a single zip file.
2. A user manual document to show how your program works, provide screenshot and test cases. Assignment Cover Sheet with your name and student ID should be added at the beginning as a cover page. Document should be submitted in Word format.
(The document and the project should be submitted separately. Do not zip the document)
Your assignment will be marked based on the specified functionalities, use of loops and If statements, the use of classes and objects, input and output functionality, user-friendly features and report presentation.
For late submission is -5% each day.
The post Assignment 1 – Practical Programming Project appeared first on mynursinghomeworks.