THE ASSIGNMENT REQUIRES YOU TO READ A PDF ARTICLE WHICH WILL BE ATTACHED AS A SEPARATE FILE.
TITLE: Write the full Journal Article Reference using Harvard Reference style.
Assessment 1 asks you to read, summarise and critique an Early Childhood Research study that has been explored in an academic research journal.
• Introduce the research topic
• Provide a brief review of some of the main issues relating to this topic that the researcher/s raises
• Refer to academic literature about the topic that is explored in the article
• What were the researchers main aims?
• What are the Research Questions?
• Which research paradigm do you think the researcher/s draw on? Provide evidence from the research study and relate to literature
• What position (attitudes and values) do you think the researcher/s hold? Provide evidence from the research study and relate to literature e.g. their position about children ‘s involvement in the research process (MUST INCLUDE RESEARCH PARADIGMS AND THE RESEARCHERS IDENTITY AND POSIONALITY)
• What was the research sample? Who were the research participants and how were the participants involved in the research process?
• What data collection methods were used? Why were these methods chosen i.e. why were they seen as being the most appropriate for the study?
• What types of data was collected?
• How has the data been organised and analysed? (INCLUDE QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE DATA APPROACHES AND FIELDWORK METHODS).
• To what extent has the researcher/s followed ethical procedures in the research process? Relate to literature and provide example/s
• To what extent has the researcher/s ensured that their research data is reliable and trustworthy? Relate to literature and provide example/s (INCLUDE RELIABILITY AND VALIDITY)
• What were the main research findings?
• Discuss how well the research questions been answered? Are there unanswered questions? If so what are these? Where are the gaps?
• To what extent does the researcher/s reflect on the limitations of the research and what steps are needed to further develop understanding about the research topic (INCLUDE PRINCIPLES OF GOOD QUALITY RESEARCH).
BOOKS FOR CITATION AND QUOTES
Rolfe, S.A and Mac Naughton, G. (2010) ‘Research as a Tool’ in Mac Naughton, G, Rolfe, S & Siraj-Blatchford, I (eds) Doing Early Childhood Research, International Perspective on theory and practice
Mukherji, P. and Albon, D. (2015) ‘Glossary’ in Research Methods in Early Childhood: An Introductory Guide.
Frost, N. (2016) ‘Researcher Positionality’ in Practicing Research: Why you’re always part of the research process even when you think you’re not
Blaxter, L., Hughes, C. and Tight, M. (2006) How to research, Milton Keynes: Open University Press, Page 8 and 9 Diagrams of the Research Process
Alderson, P (2014) ‘Ethics’ in Clark, A., Flewitt, R., Hammersley, M. and Robb, M. (ends) Understanding research with children and young people.
The post Write the full Journal Article Reference using Harvard Reference style. Assessment 1 asks you to read, summarise and critique an Early Childhood Research study that has been explored in an academic research journal. RESEARCH TOPIC appeared first on mynursinghomeworks.