How to Write up Transportation in the News Objectives:
1. The students are responsible to read a newspaper, news magazine.
2. Locate a news article that links fundamental logistics and supply chain issues to current events related to the topics being studied in class.
3. To increase student awareness and strengthen their writing skills as they create an understanding of global connections and interdependence.
Requirements for locating the current event sources:
1. Locate an article that has been printed within 10 days of your assigned due date. The article content must relate to transportation and supply chain management.
It can be about any country in the world. The article must come from a reputable source (for example: Los Angeles Times, the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Business Week, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC; local newspaper; Bloomberg, The economist). I do not care if it is a conservative or liberal leaning news source. The article must be based in fact and not opinion or editorial. 2. If it is a paper article, scan it and submit it to with your write up. If it is an online article, include the website with your final write-up.
3. When reading a news article, it is important to be able to understand and analyze the facts that are being presented. Using the following format will assist you in analyzing the news source. Directions on how to write up Transportation in the News assignment: Your assignment will be submitted through Canvas. Type it using this required format. Headings must be included on each current event to receive full credit for the assignment: 1. Source of article: (Title of Newspaper, Magazine or Online Website)
2. Date of source: 3. Title of article: Your current even write up should be at least 3 paragraphs. See the guidelines below: Paragraph
1 Summary: Your write up must include a brief summary of the article in your own words. This should be 1 paragraph. •
Who or what is the story about? •
Where did it happen? •
What happened? •
Who was involved?
• Why did it happen?
• When did the event take place?
• What is the importance of this article?
2 Write your own personal response to the article. What is your opinion of what happened? How might this news affect our lives and/or the lives of the people in the region your article took place? This should be 1 paragraph. Paragraph 3 Write two sentences explaining something new that you learned from reading the article. Write two questions that you still have after reading the article. This should be the final paragraph. **include the website or a scanned copy/pdf of your article with your final write-up**
The post Transportation appeared first on mynursinghomeworks.