• Part one – Answer the Discussion Board questions. In APA format
From the readings and the material this week, briefly describe local resources that can aid a jurisdiction in making a shelter compliant with ADA requirements.
State how you could make members of the community more sensitive to the accessibility needs of others.
Please provide at least two references
• Part two – Read postings by your classmates. You must then post a meaningful response to the answers posted by at least two different classmates for full credit.
Please notice there will be two classmate posts I will send them to you later
Please provide at least one reference for each response
When most people think of special needs populations, the group that enters their mind is the disabled. Current terminology calls this group “persons with disabilities.” FEMA has changed the term to “Access and Functional Needs” and covers much more than traditional disabilities.
• Discuss sheltering needs for special needs populations.
• Think about changes you make for persons with disability if you had the power to do so.
• Discuss what you think “Nobody left behind” means for persons with disability.
The post State how you could make members of the community more sensitive to the accessibility needs of others appeared first on mynursinghomeworks.