Relying on information learned and read in this course and at least two (2) outside references, write a three to five (3-5) page report that reflects on how to incorporate self-regulated learning as a motivational approach and answers the following:
- Describe one (1) topic that you are currently attempting to learn. Explore your motivation for learning about the chosen topic.
- Describe each phase of the self-regulated learning (SRL) approach to learning.
- Describe two (2) benefits and two (2) challenges that may be associated with self-regulated learning.
- Apply self-regulated learning to the topic you want to learn. Outline a strategy to apply self-regulated learning to improve this learning situation. Include the main activities that you would use in each phase (i.e., forethought, performance, and self-reflection). Note: Refer to Table 9.3 on page 330 of the textbook for further clarification.
The format of the report is to be as follows:
- Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one inch margins on all sides, APA format.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- In addition to the three to five (3-5) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Note: You will be graded on the quality of your answers, the logic/organization of the report, your language skills, and your writing skills.
- Analyze the basic principles of learning theories.
- Analyze the biological bases of learning and memory
- Explain the roles of motivation and self-regulation in the learning process
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in learning theory.