https://mynursinghomeworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOG-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://mynursinghomeworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOG-300x75.png admin2019-07-03 09:17:162019-07-03 09:17:17Nursing
A medication error is a preventable adverse effect of a patient taking the wrong medication or dosage, whether or not it is evident or harmful to the patient. Medication errors can be a source of serious patient harm, including death.
Potential Intervention Approaches:
- – Medical staff education
- – Packaging improvements
- – Patient medication safety training
- View the Assessment Topic and Write a brief overview of the selected topic. In your overview:
- Describe the health care problem or issue.
- Describe your interest in the topic.
- Describe any professional experience you have with this topic.
- Conduct a search for scholarly or academic peer-reviewed literature related to the topic and describe the criteria you used to search for articles, including the names of the databases you used.
- You will want to access the applicable Undergraduate Library Research Guide related to your degree (found at the NHS Learner Success Lab) for tips to help you in your search.
- Use keywords related to the health care problem or issue you are researching to select relevant articles.
- Assess the credibility of the information sources you find.
- Determine if the source is from an academic peer-reviewed journal.
- Determine if the publication is current.
- Determine if information in the academic peer-reviewed journal article is still relevant.
- Select four current scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles published during the past three to five years that relate to your topic.
- Explain the relevance of the information sources.
- Describe how the health care problem or issue is addressed in each source.
- Discuss what kind of contribution each source provides on your selected topic.
- Analyze the scholarly literature or academic peer-reviewed journal articles using the annotated bibliography organizational format.
- The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to document a list of references along with key information about each one. The detail about the reference is the annotation. Developing this annotated bibliography will create a foundation of knowledge about the selected topic.
- List the full reference for the source in APA format (author, date, title, publisher, et cetera) and use APA format for the annotated bibliography.
- Make sure the references are listed in alphabetical order, are double-spaced, and use hanging indents.
- Follow the reference with the annotation.
- In your annotation:
- Identify the purpose of the article.
- Summarize the source:
- What are the main arguments?
- What topics are covered?