By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria :
- Competence 1: Explain the effect of health care policies, legislation, and legal issues on health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Identify the political, legal, and/or legislative factors that may contribute to violence in health care settings.
- Competency 2: Explain the effect of regulatory environments and controls on health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Identify the main components of OSHA’s workplace violence prevention guidelines.
- Explain the American Nursing Association’s position on violence in the workplace.
- Explain safety policies and protocols for preventing and responding to violence against health care workers.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with expectations of nursing professionals.
- Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Correctly format citations and references using APA style.
Assessment Instructions :
Your workplace has experienced some serious problems with workplace violence that occurred between patients and caregivers. A new initiative has been introduced to educate nurses, health care workers, and social services workers on how to prevent workplace violence. You have been asked to write an article on workplace violence and prevention measures for the hospital employee newsletter.