This is a case study to help you discover connections between the appreciation of art and the workplace. Taking on the role of an art curator, you will recommend 3 Modern American works of art for the new location of a large pharmaceutical company that wants to invest in art with the theme of “progress” for its new company headquarters. The total budget for the purchase of the artwork is $600,000.
- To find the 3 Modern American art works with the theme “progress,” visit famous auction houses such as this one and this one, professional galleries, and other Internet sites, and choose paintings, sculptures, or photography that would represent Modern American works of art for the company’s headquarters.
- For each work of art, create 2 paragraphs that include the following:
- The title of the work and the techniques and media used.
- The artist’s name and a brief biography of the artist.
- Cost of the art work; the budget allows for approximately $200,000 per work of art.
- How do the characteristics and style of the Modern American artwork address the theme of “progress”?
- What are the benefits of investing in art for a corporation?
- Why might employees be interested in these works of art?
Prepare your response using Word. Include photos of the recommended pieces of art. Be sure to include citations and references as needed, although it is not necessary to format this as an APA document. Submit 1 Word document for this assignment. In-text citations and a list of references are required when including or paraphrasing any idea, fact, date, or other information from the textbook or other references.
*The images in the textbook are copyright-protected and cannot be copied. To find the exact painting, search the Internet by the artist’s name and the title of the work. Right-click, and copy the image. Open a Word document, and right-click and paste. If the image does not paste into your paper, try another image. Sometimes images are protected and cannot be copied. Wherever you do find the image, make sure to cite your source in APA style. If you are unsure how to cite an image, this resource can help you.