Identify At Least One National Agency
Or Organization That Addresses The
Communicable Disease Chosen And
Describe How The Organization(S)
Contributes To Resolving Or Reducing
The Impact Of Disease.
Epidemiology, Nursing and a Communicable Disease Paper
Concepts in Community and Public Health Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases
Grand Canyon University
In a written paper of 1,200-1,500 words, apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a
Communicable Disease Selection
Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
5. Hepatitis B
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
1. Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications,
treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
2. Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of
3. Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include
the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes
each element of the epidemiologic triangle).
4. Explain the role of the community health nurse (case nding, reporting, data collecting, data analysis,
5. Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen
and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
A minimum of three references is required.
Refer to ?Communicable Disease Chain.?
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the
Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
The post Identify At Least One National Agency Or Organization That Addresses The Communicable Disease Chosen And appeared first on mynursing homeworks.