Conduct some bivariate analyses and present the results. Below are detailed instructions:
1. Open the facility_2017.xlsx, add a new sheet, and rename the new sheet. “Bivariate analysis”.
2. Identify a categorical variable with two levels (e.g., alzunit). Sort the data using this categorical variable. Identify a continuous dependent variable.
3. Insert a new worksheet titled “t test”. Copy and paste the values of the dependent variables into two columns grouped by the categorical variable.
4. Use the Excel add-in for the equal variance t test, and conduct a t test for the categorical variable and one continuous dependent variable.
5. Identify a continuous independent variable (e.g., totbeds). Sort the data using this variable. Insert a new column right to this variable. Use a nested =IF() function to fill up this new column with values that divide the nursing homes into three groups (e.g., high, medium, low). Add a name of this new variable to the first row in this new column. Identify a continuous dependent variable.
6. Insert a new worksheet titled “ANOVA”. Copy and paste the values of the dependent variables into three columns grouped by the newly created categorical variable.
7. Use the ANOVA: Single-Factor data analysis add-in to carry out the analysis of variance.
8. Create a report in a Word document and address the following:
o In a section titled “Methods”, briefly describe the bivariate analyses you use (t test and ANOVA).
o In a section titled “Results”, copy and paste the t test and ANOVA tables. Explain what conclusions you might draw from the tests about any possible relationships between the two variables.
The post Conduct some bivariate analyses and present the results appeared first on mynursing homeworks.