Psychology homework help
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review Chapter 8 in the course text, Psychology and Policing. Think about likely police professional reactions to stress.
• Review the article, “The Relation Between Mindfulness and Posttraumatic Growth: A Study of First Responders to Trauma-Inducing Incidents.” Consider the potential police reactions to trauma-inducing incidents.
• Review the article, “Police Trauma and Addiction,” and consider the connection between stress and addiction.
• Review the article, “After Facing Traumatic Stress: Brain Activation, Cognition and Stress Coping in Policemen.” Consider the possible reactions to stress that police professionals could have and why.
• Review the article, “Predictors of Police Suicide Ideation,” and think about the possible negative reactions to stress that police professionals could experience.
• Select two possible reactions to, or outcomes of, stress that police professionals could experience throughout their professional lifespan. Think about which outcome or response is more likely and consider why.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a description of two potential police professional reactions to, or outcomes of, stress. Analyze and explain which reaction or outcome you believe is more likely, and justify your responses with references to the Learning Resources.
Course Text: Psychology and Policing
Chapter 8, “Stress and Policing”
Article: Chopko, B. A., & Schwartz, R. C. (2009). The relation between mindfulness and posttraumatic growth: A study of first responders to trauma-inducing incidents. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 31(4), 363–376. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Article: Cross, C. L., & Ashley, L. (2004). Police trauma and addiction. FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, 73(10), 24–32. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Article: Hennig-Fast, K., Werner, N. S., Lermer, R., Latscha, K., Meister, F., Reiser, M., … Meindl, T. (2009). After facing traumatic stress: Brain activation, cognition and stress coping in policemen. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 43(14), 1146–1155. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Article: Regehr, C., LeBlanc, V., Blake Jelley, R., & Barath, I. (2008). Acute stress and performance in police recruits. Stress and Health, 24(4), 295–303. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Article: Violanti, J. M. (2004). Predictors of police suicide ideation. Suicide & Life-Threatening Behavior, 34(3), 277–283. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
The post Analyzing Police Work Risk Outcomes appeared first on mynursinghomeworks.